Home Loan Document TIPS and Checklist
Learn more about what home loan document you may need to provide when applying for a mortgage.
Trulend Mortgage will accept legible pictures of single-page documents to use in processing of Conventional, FHA, USDA and VA loans.
Examples are W-2’s, paystubs and legible Driver’s License.
To take pictures of multi-page documents, we recommend the use of a smart phone app such as CamScanner, or any similar app. This app will allow you to take pictures of several pages and “batch” them into a single PDF and be uploaded into our system as a single file.
Please keep in mind, all parts of the page(s) must be completely legible. Also, the full page must be visible/legible as no part of the page may be blocked or not visible. The page(s) cannot be cutoff on any side or edge.
- Home loan documents are not just a formality. Your lender uses the info you provide to determine how much buying power you have to purchase a home.
- To avoid delays, each document should be accurate, complete and the most recent version.
- Include every page of multi-page documents, even if they just state “intentionally left blank.”
- Documents printed from online sources should display the complete URL at the bottom of each page to validate the document’s source.
- Be organized and quick to respond to requests for more documentation or more recent versions
- ❑ Pay stub for the last 30 days
- ❑ W-2 forms covering the last two years
- ❑ Signed federal tax return, last two years (both personal and business if applicable)
- ❑ Documentation of any other income sources
- ❑ Bank statements (two most recent, include all pages… even if blank)
- ❑ Documentation of the source of your down payment: investment or savings account statements showing at least two months history of ownership. If some of the funds were a gift, have the giver sign a statement declaring the funds were a gift.
- ❑ Proof of your identity (typically a drivers’ license or non-driver ID)
- ❑ Documentation of name change (if recent)
- ❑ Social Security Number (SSN)
- ❑ Home Owners Insurance
- ❑ For existing home purchase, provide purchase agreement and all addendums (signed by all parties)
- ❑ Other documents may be required for your mortgage, especially if self-employed or paid commissions
- ❑ Servicemembers or Veterans wanting to take advantage of the VA’s Home Loan Guarantee Program should obtain a certificate of eligibility from the VA.